A lot of people said that the most important thing is to explain that you are hard of hearing before they start testing.
1. I ask for everything to be explained beforehand.
2. I ask for all instructions to be repeated.
3. I ask for the instructions to be repeated by the optician or a nurse standing in front of me.
4. I discuss what the instructions are first and then I write them out in big felt tip pen and ask them to hold the instructions up to me.
5. I take a helper I trust with me.
6. I take my portable TV aid and ask them to use the microphone.
7. I point the microphone of my TV aid at them when they talk.
8. I advise them on how to communicate with me and show them my Communication Card.