Disability Employment Advisers (DEAs)

You can contact Disability Employment Advisors through your nearest Jobcentre or Jobcentre Plus Office.

The Jobcentre website has a page on finding work with a disability: www.jobcentreguide.co.uk/jobcentre-plus-guide/34/about-disability-employment-advisors

1. If deaf people are working DEAs are often able to provide free environmental aids.

2. They are often able to provide helpful advice and information and support with any other difficulties at work caused by deafness or other disability.

3. Some DEAs can also help with job finding for deaf people.

4. DEA’smay be able to put you in touch with Access to Work advisors.