Personal Independence Payment

People who are profoundly deaf or deafened may be able to claim Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Attendance Allowance (AA)

According to the PIP information on the Government website:

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help with extra living costs if you have both:

  • a long-term physical or mental health condition or disability
  • difficulty doing certain everyday tasks or getting around because of your condition

You can get PIP even if you’re working, have savings or are getting most other benefits.

Attendance Allowance helps with extra costs if you have a disability severe enough that you need someone to help look after you.

The forms that need to be filled in to claim for these allowances can be quite long and daunting, so it may be advisable to seek help with filling them in. This help may be obtained from Citizen’s Advice Bureaux or the Benefits Agency.

You can find out more about these payments on the Government website: